North Ada County Fire & Rescue District: Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Check The Air Quality Index Before I Burn?

Open burning is NOT allowed if the Air Quality Index is above 60.  It is your responsibility to check the index before you begin any open burning.  Call (208) 373-0313 to check the Air Quality Index or visit www.deq.state.is.us/air/aqindex.cfm

Do I Need a Burn Permit?

Burn Permits are required in the North Ada County Fire & Rescue District.  Burn Permits are free of charge and can be obtained at the Administration Office Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office is closed daily from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for the lunch hour.  Firefighters on duty can also assist you in obtaining a burn permit.

Where Can I Get My Blood Pressure Checked?

You may get your blood pressure checked free of charge at any fire station in the North Ada County Fire & Rescue District, Boise City or the Whitney Fire District.

How Do I Obtain a Certified Family Home Letter From The Fire District?

To obtain a letter stating that your Certified Family Home is within the North Ada County Fire & Rescue District call (208) 375-0906 or e-mail info@nacfire.org .  Please be sure to state your full name and complete address of the Certified Family Home.

Who Do I Call To Get My Child Safety Seat Installed?

The fire department is no longer installing child safety seats.  If you need assistance, the service is provided at no charge through the following entities:

Treasure Valley Safe Kids Program at St. Luke’s Hospital (208) 381-3033

Ada County Paramedics (208) 287-2956

Garden City Police Department (208) 472-2977

Where Do I Get My Fire Extinguisher Serviced?

The North Ada County Fire & Rescue District does not service fire extinguishers, nor can we recommend any specific company.  Fire Extinguisher servicing companies are in the Yellow Pages of the telephone book under “Fire Extinguishers”.

How Do I Arrange A Fire Station Tour?

Guided tours of Fire Station #16 (5800 Glenwood) can be scheduled by calling the Boise Fire Department Administration Office at (208) 570-6500.  A 2-week notice is required.

Can I Bring Household Hazardous Waste To The Fire Station?

The North Ada County Fire & Rescue District does not accept Household Hazardous Waste.  For complete details on the City of Boise’s Household Hazardous Waste Program please visit https://curbit.cityofboise.org/hhw/collection-calendar/#/.

What Is The ISO Fire Class Rating For My Property?

To obtain an ISO rating for a particular address, please call the Administration Office at (208) 375-0906 or e-mail info@nacfire.org.  Please be sure to leave your full name and the complete address of the property.

How Do I Order A Knox Box?

To order a Knox Box call the Boise Fire Department at (208) 570-6500 or see instructions on the www.nacfire.org web site under Prevention>Forms.

Who Deals With Weed Abatement Issues?

For information concerning weed abatement visit https://adacounty.id.gov/Weed-Control or call Ada County Weed and Pest at (208) 577-4646.